Safety Tips for Driving at Night
At night, there is reduced visibility. Also, drowsiness is at its peak during the night. It is challenging to put the same level of focus and concentration you put in during the day at night. It requires extra effort and alertness. That is the reason why a lot of accidents happen at night. As a driver, you must be extra vigilant and mindful. Safety is of prime importance. The below mentioned tips will help you drive safely at night. Keep reading this blog by the Auto Sales & Service dealership in Indianapolis, IN, to learn more regarding this.
What Can You Do to Drive Safely at Night?
- If you have not slept well for a few days, you should not risk going for a night drive. If you are feeling drowsy, do not continue driving. Find a safe spot. Pull over your car. Take a mini break. Have some coffee and reenergize yourself.
- At night, your reaction time is by default less due to exhaustion. Do not make it lower by indulging in any form of intoxication. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is a big no.
- There is less visibility at night. It is recommended to drive at moderate to low speed. This will give you ample time to pause and react logically in case the road throws any unpleasant surprises.
- Ensure that your headlights and windshields are cleaned up before the drive. A dirty windshield can scatter light and maximize the effects of glare.
- Use your headlights to stay visible. Regularly test all your lights, including low, high, daytime running lights, turn signals, and brake lights.
These tips will surely help you drive safely at night.
Read more: What Are Some Key Tire Maintenance Tips?
Read more: How to Maintain Your Car’s Cooling System
Are you looking for a used car with impressive features? Please visit us at the Auto Sales & Service dealership in Indianapolis, IN, and explore our inventory. We will be pleased to assist you.