If you’re worried about money but are in need of a quality vehicle, make sure you’re looking at used cars for sale instead of paying full price for brand new vehicles. Pre owned cars in 2019 are still exceptional automobiles, since they are manufactured using the same technology as newer models. The only difference is most used cars have had an average of three owners, there are a few more miles on them, and they might not have the most updated bells and whistles, but they are still great cars.
Here are some important tips for not only finding used cars for sale, but purchasing a quality vehicle, as well:
- Get preapproved — Getting preapproved for a used car loan will help you figure out what you can actually afford and the interest rate for which you qualify.
- Get a credit report — Simply get a free credit report to determine your credit score before you start looking for used vehicles on the market.
- Write down exactly what you want — Start by making a list of all your wants and needs in a used vehicle. If you can find a car that meets around 80 or 90% of those needs — go for it!
- Narrow down your search — As you continue to research vehicles that will be perfect for you, start narrowing down and build a target list of vehicles that you want to purchase. Hopefully, you’ll be able to get that list down to four or five cars, which is much more manageable.
- Talk to the dealer — Once you arrive at a legitimate used car dealership, spend some time discussing prospective vehicles with a dealer. They are there to help you and will inform you of all the car’s great features.
- Go for a test drive — Make sure you always ask for a test drive before making a final purchase. You might end up hating the vehicle once you actually drive it, so it’s important to get a good feel for the car early on in the car-buying process.
If you want to learn more about finding used cars for sale, give Auto Sales and Service a call today.
Purchasing pre owned cars is a great option for individuals who are hoping to get a reliable vehicle for an affordable cost. But don’t settle for just any used car dealership. To get the best value out of your money, consider heading to buy here pay here used car lots.
You’ve already heard about some of the various benefits of buy here pay here purchases, including in-house financing, sell here options, and the ability to make a purchase with nonexistent credit, but there are plenty more advantages, as well.
Here are some of the additional advantages of heading to buy here pay here used car lots:
- Rebuild your credit — Being able to buy a reliable used vehicle with nonexistent credit is great, but actually improving your credit by doing so is fantastic. As long as you have some kind of steady income, even if you have poor or nonexistent credit, you’ll be able to find a great approval rate, make a down payment, and start building your credit. Also, if you are able to make monthly payments on time without any issues, your credit will rise significantly.
- Drive off in a reliable vehicle — For some reason, there is a stigma associated with any kind of used auto dealership. Don’t listen to the rumors. You can certainly drive off in a high quality used vehicle after visiting a buy here pay here used lot. Today’s used vehicles are manufactured with top-of-the-line auto technology and are extremely reliable and fully functional. The average age of vehicles currently on the road in the United States in 11.6 years, so even purchasing a vehicle that is a few years old, you can fully expect it to work well for more than a decade.
- Trade in old vehicles — Buy here pay here dealerships will also gladly take your current vehicle in place of a down payment. This is great for those who might have trouble coming up with enough money for a down payment. Even if your current vehicle is several years old, you’ll still be able to trade it in and drive off in another quality used car. Not too many conventional dealerships offer this great benefit.
If you want to learn more about the advantages of visiting buy here pay here used car lots, contact Auto Sales and Service right away.
For most people, a vehicle is often their first major purchase. Though car buying can be exciting, when it comes to dealing with auto loans, credit, and other financial aspects, it can be quite intimidating. Fear not — as long as you’re realistic with budgeting and are planning carefully, you should be fine and end up acquiring a great first vehicle.
Here are some great tips for first-time car buyers to keep in mind:
- Buy used cars — Since this is likely your first major purchase, it’s best to purchase a used vehicle. Not only will buying used save you a significant amount of money, but you’ll also still be able to acquire a car with most of the latest tech and safety auto features.
- Don’t just rely on Carfax reports — You should absolutely ask about a vehicle’s history and Carfax reports are great, but they don’t tell the full story. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), approximately 10 million auto crashes go unreported each year.
- Understand your credit — Before you head to the dealership, make sure you’re up-to-date on your credit report and score. It’s important to note, however, unlike mortgages, you will be able to get a vehicle loan even if you have pretty poor credit. Researching bad credit auto loans can help you find a reliable vehicle for an affordable price.
- Put 20% down — In addition to obtaining a quality vehicle loan, putting money down can help you avoid situations where you would owe more money than the vehicle is worth. Many dealerships don’t require buyers with good credit to make any kind of down payment at all. Putting at least 20% down can help ease the entire car buying process.
- Remember to negotiate — Learning how to negotiate is one of the most important aspects of vehicle buying. Negotiating can save you thousands of dollars off the total purchase and save you from overpaying for any kind of vehicle.
If you want to learn more about getting a quality auto loan and find some affordable used vehicles, contact Auto Sales and Service today!