Pre owned cars actually make up approximately 75% of all automotive sales in the United States. New cars are great, but not everyone can shell out upwards of $30,000 for a new ride — that’s where pre owned vehicles come into play.
It’s important to note, however, that there are specific times of the year that are a little better than others when it comes to used car buying.
Here are some of the best times for purchasing used vehicles:
- Around the Holidays — We’ve all seen the new vehicle ads around Christmas and New Years, but buying pre owned vehicles around this time is perfect, as well. In addition to Christmas, buying used cars is great around Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving, Easter Sunday, and Mother’s and Father’s day.
- At the end of each month — Since used car dealerships strive to hit each their quota each month, you can likely find great deals during this time. Before dealerships send their vehicles to auction, you will probably be able to walk out with an awesome and affordable new ride.
- Pretty much any time over the winter — Though you can certainly find great deals during the summer and spring, the best time to buy new used cars is over the winter. During the winter, demand is much lower. That’s why right around New Year’s is one of the best times to buy cars because it’s winter, near the holidays, and at the end of the year — the trifecta for buying used cars!
- July and August — Dealers often try to clear out their pre owned cars in July and early August as they receive new models and as registration plates change.
The best time to buy a used vehicle, however, is actually before you need one. Since it’s important to spend plenty of time researching a car before you make a final purchase, you’re going to need that time. If you wait until your current vehicle breaks down, it could take a while to find the perfect car or come up with the necessary cash.
If you want to checkout some quality pre owned cars, contact Auto Sales and Service today and enjoy your new ride!
Finding the perfect car can feel like searching for a needle in a haystack. There are so many options to choose from and no matter how many used cars you see, there will be pros and cons to each model. Though used car dealers are there to help make the buying process as simple as possible, you still need to be prepared before you head to the lot. Here are a few of the most important things to do before you start working with an auto sales expert.
1. Set a Budget
Sure, you may have your eye on that dream car, but buying something you can’t really afford will put a strain on your monthly budget and make it far less fun to drive. Instead of going with the car you love regardless of price, set a firm budget and stick to it. Take a look at your expenses and your income for each month. Then, decide how much money you can reasonably afford to pay towards an auto loan.
Once you have that number in place, you’re ready to start shopping with used car dealers. Only look at vehicles that fit your budget and avoid anything more expensive. If you can’t afford it, you don’t need to look at it. Remember, most people search for used cars with a top price of $5,000. There will be an option for you out there even if your budget is tight.
2. Consider What Type of Car You Really Need
Are you looking for a new-to-you car to commute to work or will you be hauling heavy loads day after day? The last thing you want to do is buy a used SUV that guzzles gas when you really need a hyper-efficient and affordable commuter car. Think about what you plan on doing in the vehicle before you head to the dealership. Remember, your auto sales team will be better prepared to help you find the right car if you tell them what you need from the start. Otherwise, they’ll only be able to guess your needs and may show you cars that won’t be the right fit for you.
3. Be Prepared to Leave the Dealership without Making a Purchase
It’s easy to get wrapped up in the excitement when you’re shopping at used car dealers. But the last thing you want to do is make a rushed decision. Cars are a huge investment, even if you finance the purchase. If you need to take time to think about a certain car, do it. This way, when you decide to buy the car, you’ll know it’s the right decision for your needs.
Ready to start looking at quality used cars? Stop by Auto Sales and Service today. We have the high-quality pre owned cars Indianapolis residents need at a price they can afford.
The average age of a vehicle currently on the road in the United States is about 11.6 years. Though buying new cars is certainly a good option if you can afford it, you should never feel bad about purchasing or owning a used vehicle. They are quality automobiles, too.
There are plenty of excellent pre owned cars located at used car dealerships across the country. It’s important to know how to get a good deal for these cars, however, so you don’t end up spending too much for a vehicle that you could otherwise get for a more reasonable price.
Here are some great tips for buying used vehicles:
- Develop a strict budget — It’s imperative that you set your budget early on in your car buying process. Decide how much you can spend on a vehicle and how you’re going to pay for it.
- Narrow down your search — Make sure you’re aware of exactly what type of vehicle you want. If you’re unsure of what car you want, you might feel overwhelmed as you visit various used car dealerships. Based on you and your family’s needs, make sure you narrow down your search based on lifestyle to find the perfect vehicle.
- Always go on a test drive — No matter what kind of vehicle you’re going to buy, you should always give it a test drive before you make a final purchase. You might end up hating it once you’re behind the wheel, so it’s important to find that information out as soon as possible.
Here are some great used cars on the market today:
- 2012-2018 Toyota Corolla
- 2012-2017 Toyota Camry
- 2011-2018 Chrysler 300
- 2013-2018 BMW 3 Series
- 2008-2018 Dodge Challenger
- 2007-2017 Jeep Wrangler
- 2007-2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
- 2011-2018 Ford Explorer
- 2014-2018 INFINITI QX60
As a whole, you should make sure you’re aware of what kind of used vehicle you want to purchase. Additionally, you should always ask for a test drive prior to making a final purchase. If you want to learn more about used auto sales and check out quality pre owned cars, visit a trusted used car dealership; head to Auto Sales and Service today.